NextGen Pastor Search
Central Baptist Church of Marion, Ohio is currently seeking a NextGen Pastor. Our desire is to find a man of God who will join us in our mission “to make disciple-makers who impact their neighborhoods and the nations for Jesus.”
Supervisor Lead Pastor, Elders
The Next Generation Pastor will provide leadership to the various volunteers and ministry teams ministering to newborns through the 12th grade. He will carry out the church’s mission and vision, being strategically minded, administratively skilled, and intentional with recruiting and development of teams within the scope of the NextGen ministry. He will also possess a pastoral heart that can lead volunteers, parents, and kids/students in a relational ministry style as he serves as the team leader in these areas. The individual should expect to spend most of their week investing in next generation ministries and along with other pastoral duties like making visits and contributing to the administrative needs of the church.
The NextGen Pastor is to be a born-again believer, acknowledging Jesus Christ as both Lord and Savior, and have an ongoing personal relationship with Him. He should maintain a consistent prayer life and have a consistent daily quiet time. Furthermore, he should have a clear testimony of God’s calling on his life to serve Him in vocational ministry. Because the NextGen pastor will also be an elder, the NextGen Pastor will meet the qualifications outlined in 1Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4, and support the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 without reservation. The NextGen Pastor shall possess the skills necessary to perform his duties, including the relational interpersonal skills for working with adults, students, and children of all ages within the congregation. He must be willing to be mentored by the other elders. He must be gifted in communication; he is to be self-motivated, have a teachable spirit to grow as a person and as a leader. Bible college or seminary education is preferred. The NextGen Pastor must submit to a thorough background check including financial/credit history; criminal – local, state, federal; and personal references.
- Oversee all children’s and youth ministries at CBC.
- Oversee three teaching times a week which include youth and kids on Sunday morning, and youth on Wednesday evenings.
- As part of this oversight, he is to be teaching during each of these three times.
- Plan and conduct special projects, such as camps and retreats for youth.
- Counsel with church leaders in planning, conducting, and evaluating a NextGen ministry and in enlisting appropriate workers.
- Design outreach events to reach the NextGen.
- Follow-up with first-time families with youth.
Hours and Benefits
The NextGen Pastor will be a full-time, exempt employee. Total package $50,000-$60,000 depending on experience and education.
After prayerful consideration, interested applicants should email a resumé with professional references, as well as the items listed below:
- Video recording of yourself preaching or teaching (This can be casual at home if no prior preaching experience)
- Social Media Handles
- Family Picture
- Completed ministry questionnaire
1. Tell us about your conversion experience and your calling to ministry.
2. Please describe the last evangelistic conversation you had.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Email materials to Cory Snyder
Get to Know Our Community and Our Church